Monday, October 6, 2014

The Mariott Marquis DC: What a hotel!

I had the great pleasure of touring the new Marriott Marquis in downtown D.C. last week, and I think I fell in love.

Before I share more information about the hotel here are some facts about the Marriott family and brand.
  1. The Marriott brand evolved from J. Willard Marriott's nine-stool root beer stand that grew into the Hot Shoppes brand.
  2. This venture began in Washington D.C.
  3. The D.C. Marriott Marquis marks the 4,000th hotel, bringing the Marriott journey full circle
  4. A replica of the nine-stool root beer stand has a home in one of the hotel's restaurants

The hotel has 1,175 rooms and ample event space. 14 floors above ground and 14 floors below, this hotel is an architectural wonder. The vast lobby creates pockets for relaxing, working or to be social without getting overwhelmed by other guests. 

The Marquis ballroom is over 30,000 square feet and the hotel has an additional 75,000+ of event space to accommodate meetings or events of any size. 

The hotel has inside access to the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, walking distance to Chinatown and metro accessible. 

I can't wait for my next excuse to stay a night in the city. This will be my first choice.




No comments:

Post a Comment