Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Creative Decor Tip - Use Succulents!

I was very shocked as I was writing a proposal at one of my past internships, that my supervisor's notes stated 'succulents'. Thinking that this was an odd description for a flower arrangement, I quickly questioned what she meant. After I learned more about this unique and understated plant, I instantly thought it was very ingenious to use this plant that could easily be overlooked and make something beautiful for someone's special day.

Succulents are a type of plant, commonly with a thick out layer that are beneficial for storing water for a long period of time. Cacti and Aloe are two types of succulent plants. Succulents Sempervivums are the common choice for decorators. They are available in different colors, including pink, purple, red and green, and the formation of the cushions are unique and attractive. Succulents add a unique beauty to any wedding decor. They can be left in their natural state or spray painted gold. They can be incorporated into the ceremony, the reception or given as favors for guests. The uses of these plants are endless! Here are some ideas that I thought were really creative and only enhanced the natural beauty of these plants:



The succulents almost look like they are naturally gold. The work perfectly in this bouquet.



Individual potted succulents are easy to maintain and a nice change from candles.

Also a great Holiday Party idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment